Aug 13, 2020
Are you looking to be a part of an amazing team of people who get to help provide state of the art healthcare to our companion animals? Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center is currently seeking a qualified, driven individual to deliver excellent client and patient care as one of our extremely valued client service technicians.
Candidates must be able to maintain a consistent, professional and compassionate demeanor during demanding and very fast paced situations.
This position is full time Monday-Friday 8:00a-5:00pm.
The purpose of this position is to provide outstanding client service. Our client service technicians (CST) have many duties ranging from admitting patients for surgery, restraining patients for exams, obtaining vitals, schedules appointments, processes payments, manages financial information, and communicates information between clients and surgeons.
Our client service technicians must enjoy working with people and diverse clients and is caring, friendly, and efficient. Creates a warm and welcoming impression. Remains professional and courteous while handling multiple tasks with many interruptions. Firmly believes in the quality of care provided and communicates this sense of assurance to clients. Understands our services and recommendations and clearly communicates them to clients. Empathizes with clients and remains compassionate and well-mannered. Remains calm and collected in the face of emergency situations.
* At least one year recent experience in a veterinary or medical environment, with increasing responsibilities. (Patient restraint and obtaining vitals)
*Ability to submit to drug screening as we are a drug-free workplace
* Knowledge of general office practices and procedures, and telephone techniques.
* Demonstrate ability to perform clerical work with speed and accuracy, use a multiple-line telephone system, and handle cash and other forms of payment.
* Experience assembling patient records, obtaining relevant information from clients, and accurately entering a variety of information in patient records.
* Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
* Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* A commitment to outstanding client service.
* Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
* Ability to stay on task and work energetically for the entire shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
* Preferred: Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures and general computer skills.
**benefits include health insurance, supplemental health insurance, 401k, discounted pet services, and wonderful paid time off benefits. Salary will commensurate with experience.